FJC guidance on a variety of topics.
- Psychologists as expert witnesses in the Family Courts in England and Wales: Standards, competencies and expectations
Guidance produced by The Family Justice Council, in conjunction with the British Psychological Society
FJC Funded Research into the Quality of Psychologists Report used in Family Proceedings
- Family Jurisdiction
Greater Manchester Family Proceedings
- Mediation Guide for judges, magistrates and legal advisors
Prepared by the Family Mediation Council and the Family Justice Council
- Family Court Guide
This is a framework of good practice which sets out Presidential Guidance, the rules and Practice Directions
- How to get a divorce or end a civil partnership without the help of a lawyer
- Vulnerable Witnesses and Children Working Group Final Report
- How to fill in your financial statement (Form E) without the help of a lawyer
- Children’s relationship with separated parents to be emphasised by new law
A new law taking effect today will reinforce the importance of children having relationships with each parent following family breakdown.
- Applying for a financial order without the help of a lawyer
- Protocol for process servers: Non-molestation orders
This is an agreed protocol for the service of non-molestation orders and injunctions made by the courts
- Financial Dispute Resolution Appointments
- Guidelines in relation to children giving evidence in family proceedings
Produced by the Family Justice Council Working Party …
- MARACs and disclosure into court proceedings
Multi-agency risk assessment conferences (MARACs) are a recent development in addressing the highest risk cases of domestic abuse.
- ‘Capacity’ Guidance
The Court wants to check my capacity – what does this mean?
- Applying for a court order about the arrangements for your children without the help of a lawyer
- Legal Aid
Legal Services Commission (LSC) published a consultation on award criteria and bid process for the new contracts
- Parents and Children
The Family Rights Group has recently reviewed their 2008 guidance on the use of Family Group Conferences.
- Public Law
Public Law Outline
- Sorting Out Finances on Divorce
This guide provides information for separating couples who are negotiating their own financial agreements on divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership.
- Going to Court about a Family Issue?
This leaflet is for litigants in person to alert them to a series of online family law guides
- Appropriate Dispute Resolution
Guidance produced by the FJC
- Mapping exercise on Inter-disciplinary Training
It has been compiled by the Education and Training Committee of the Family Justice Council.
- Domestic Violence
This is to set out clearly an agreed protocol for the service of non-molestation orders and injunctions