In the above case;
- On 15/9/14 the Court ordered that an ASBI made on 11/8/14 should continue until 4pm 15/9/16.
- On 1/5/15 C issued an application requiring D to show cause why he should not be committed for breach ( an N78 Notice ).
- The application was supported by witness statements from Michael Conway and Georgina Newell.
- The matter came before me today.
- D represented himself . He declined an adjournment to seek legal representation.
- D admitted the 3 breaches alleged.
- In mitigation he blamed his conduct on drink and stated that he was turning his life around with the aid of a new girlfriend.
- The breaches were thereby proved as follows :
- Approaching Michael Conway.
- Being abusive and threatening to him.
- Being abusive and aggressive towards Georgina Newell.
- D was sentenced to a total of 4 months imprisonment suspended upon terms that he comply with the ASBI until its expiry.
His Honour Judge Philip Gregory