Pursuant to paragraph 13 of Practice Direction: Committal for Contempt of Court – Open Court
In relation to Case Number B00WJ371
On 30 October 2015 in the County Court at Walsall I, His Honour Judge Gregory, sentenced James Gill to an immediate custodial term of 28 days for contempt of court. The basis of that sentence was:
- On 22 April 2015 Walsall County Court made an interim injunction against James Gill restraining him from engaging in various forms of anti-social behaviour centred on his mother’s address at 24 Little London House, West Bromwich Street, Caldmore, Walsall.
- On the return date of that Order, that is 26 May 2015, the Court accepted an undertaking from James Gill in like terms to the interim order. At paragraph 6 of the undertaking James Gill undertook to vacate 24 Little London House by 4:00pm on 26 August 2015 and not thereafter return.
- The consequences of breach were clearly explained to him.
- Between leaving Little London House on 26 August 2015 and 30 September 2015 James Gill repeatedly breached his undertaking by returning there on at least 20 occasions.
- At the hearing on 30 October 2015 James Gill admitted breaching his undertaking on the above basis.