Walsall Housing Group -v- Kerry Innes and BO1 WJ504
In relation to case no BO1WJ053 on 13/12/15 At Walsall HHJudge Gregory sentenced Kerry Innes and Ben Hammond to an immediate custodial sentence of 2 days for contempt of court . The basis of the sentence in each case was that :
1. On 10/11/15 the court made an order under the SBCPA 2014 restraining the Ds from inter alia making a nuisance through excessive noise.
2. On 20/11/15 they breached that order by arguing loudly with each other and slamming doors. They were arrested brought to court and bailed.
3. On 8/12/15 they breached it again in like manner. They were arrested brought to court and bailed.
4. By 13/12/15 D Innes had surrendered her tenancy of the premises at which the nuisance was caused and both Ds had vacated the same.
5. At the hearing that day the D Innes admitted the breaches and was remorseful. The D Hammond likewise admitted the breaches and was remorseful.
6. The court concluded that in these circumstances no further punishment was necessary for either defendant.